Mobile VAS Developer
Looking for challenges in a high-growth, high-impact market? Ready to start an exiting journey in a new place? Ignitia has a small team of dedicated scientists, developers and meteorologists that now wish to expand with expertise in mobile VAS development tasks.
Ignitia AB has a vacancy for a full-time Mobile VAS Developer to work with both the technical team and with the mobile marketing manager.
Main duties will include:
• Service-oriented architecture software development
• Development and maintenance of Ignitia’s VAS platform
• Integration of several new mobile network operators’ systems
• Database management and development
• Develop, maintain and modify various APIs
Other duties may include (commensurate with any relevant experience):
• Unix system administration tasks on colocation and cloud virtual machines, such as server deployment and security, and network management (VPN)
• USSD development
In addition to having a university degree (at BSc or MSc level), we expect you to have experience and skills in:
• Service-oriented architecture software development (SOAP, REST, messaging)
• Proficiency in Java, Python, SQL
• Experience with the SMPP protocol
• Unix environment and shell scripting
• Experience of PHP, Kannel, XML, JSON
• Database modelling and management
Beneficial skills include experience of:
• System administration, server security, software deployment and network management
• Amazon Cloud
• Front-end web development
In addition you should:
• Work efficiently both independently and in our technical team
• Maintain focus under rapidly changing work tasks and time pressure
• Have a positive attitude
• Have good written and communication skills
The company Ignitia is an entrepreneur led business that offers critical decision support in West Africa. Based on several years of development and market traction, our science-based innovation is designed for the agriculture sector. We have developed a weather forecasting model for the tropics that is twice as accurate as existing models, allowing us to provide daily, monthly, and seasonal forecasts for farmers in the developing world through SMS to their mobile phones. Using our forecasts, small-scale farmers have the ability to double yields and incomes, reducing food insecurity and poverty for some of the poorest in the world. To date we have reached over 400,000 farmers and are on track to reach 1 million by the end of this year! Due to our pioneering position and proven track record, we now offer the right person the opportunity to grow with the company internationally.
Remuneration & terms of employment
Salary commensurate with skills, expertise and experience. Other employment terms and conditions will be agreed during contracting phase.
Last date for applying is 31 July 2018. Contact for questions: Andreas Vallgren, Chief Science Officer [email protected]
Ignitia ("We", "Us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us in connection with Our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") the Data Controller is Ignitia.
We use Workable, an online application provided by Workable Software Limited, to assist with Our recruitment process. We use Workable to process personal information as a data processor on Our behalf. Workable is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with Our instructions.
Where you apply for a job opening posted by Us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to Our processing of your personal information in addition to Our other Privacy Notice which has been provided to you separately or is available on Our Website.
Your Personal Information
Information We Collect From You
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your occupation
- We may also collect information about your qualifications, education and work experience, along with anything else you include in your CV or application
Where you are applying for a position with Ignitia AB you have a right to ask for a copy of the personal information which we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies. Please contact [email protected] for further information.
Ignitia AB aims to ensure that personal information held about you is accurate and up to date, that it is held securely and only for so long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected and to allow us to comply with legal requirements in certain jurisdictions. Please contact [email protected] immediately of any changes in your personal circumstances which could cause the personal information held by us to be inaccurate.